Note: first published on December 1, 1999 of under the Other Worldy Matters section of Woman Today magazine with article titled “Anthony Vivero: Healer by accident or destiny?” (part 1) authored by Jaime T. Licauco.

He is not your typical picture of a Filipino healer or traditional medicine man. He has a college degree (major in accounting from the University of the East). He is relatively young, (35 years old as of this writing). He is a successful businessman (with a laundry business in Makati and Parañaque) and is a building contractor. He has no background at all in the esoteric or traditional healing fields. He is fond of the night life and going out with his barkada. He is separated from his first wife by whom he has one son; he now lives with his second wife, Sonia, by whom he also has one child. He says he does not have any interest at all in psychic stuff and in healing. In fact, he didn’t believe in such things and has never read any book on the subject.
Nothing, therefore, could have prepared Anthony Vivero for a life of a healer. Yet he has become quite a successful one in so short a time.
“So how in heaven’s name did you ever become a healer?” I asked him recently.
“You are partly responsible for it,” he said with a smile.
“Me?” I asked. “How did I become part of it?”
“It all started this way,” Anthony began. “Last April 1998, my wife and I had a very serious quarrel. It was bad and the cause of it was so embarrassing that I decided to commit suicide. I locked myself inside the bathroom carrying a .38-cal. revolver. I loaded the gun with three bullets and then played Russian roulette with it. I pointed the gun to my temple and pulled the trigger. Nothing happened. So I pulled it again. Then again. Still nothing happened. I told myself, the next one should do it. So I pulled the trigger for the fourth time. Still it did not explode. I was getting confused but still pulled the trigger once again until I finally gave up–completely confused and bewildered. Why didn’t the gun fire? Only the day before I tried the same gun and it was okay.”
“He was in the bathroom for a full three to four hours,” according to Sonia who was outside all that time and crying. She said later that she seemed to have heard three gun shots but they were muffled and seemed to come from far away. So she paid no attention to it at that time.
“When Anthony finally emerged from the bathroom he was completely different,” continued Sonia. “He was very quiet and he was crying. He apologized to me and asked me to give him a second chance.”
Vanishing guns!
A week later Anthony’s four expensive and brand new guns, all kept in two locked drawers were gone, including all the bullets and the gun’s leather holsters. A thorough search inside the room proved futile. Anthony suspected everybody, including his wife. Sonia said she never got them but she admitted having thought of keeping his guns after his suicide attempt.
What puzzled both of them was the fact that only the guns were lost and not the jewelry and the substantial money that were also inside the drawers and which could easily be seen when the drawers are pulled open. All the drawers were locked and there was absolutely no sign of a forcible break-in. No one had entered the room because the door was still locked.
Since they could not find a rational explanation for the loss of the guns, Anthony wanted to know if there could be some supernatural explanation for it. Although he didn’t believe in spirits, he said he was willing to exhaust everything to get to the bottom of it. They consulted a fortune teller and psychic who told them a spirit got the guns. He couldn’t believe it. Nevertheless he consulted next an espiritista or medium. The medium confirmed what the fortune teller had told them: no human being did it. But how could that be?
The loss of the guns still bothered him one Sunday evening when he was driving home with Sonia beside him. They were listening to the radio when suddenly, the dial changed inexplicably on its own to station DZMM where I was having my program. It was already towards the end of Inner Mind on Radio and my former co-host, Frances Gloria, was announcing our forthcoming seminar. Anthony asked Sonia to jot down the contact telephone number and called up my secretary the next day. Cindy Cases answered the and Anthony said he only wanted to know if he could ask me a question about the spirits during the seminar. Cindy replied in the affirmative. “Can Mr. Licauco answer if a spirit got my guns?” he further asked. Cindy said yes. So Anthony Vivero enrolled. But not without asking for a sign. He said he would enroll if he would receive an extra amount enough to pay for the tuition of the seminar. By Friday, he received almost the exact amount. So he enrolled in the course although he was still quite skeptical about the whole thing.
Reading minds
At one point, I asked the class to do a series of exercises and Anthony found he could perform all of them with ease. So he doubted if he was really doing it or his partners were planted by me. For example, in the remote viewing exercise, he could describe in detail the house of his partner, Cathy Ochoco. He said that was understandable, as it could be a matter of coindence. But when he mentally and accurately read the name of Cathy’s mother on a certificate or diploma hanging on the wall of her house, he began to think twice. How could he have done that unless she was really planted? It was only after he tried the same exercise at home with other people who were not from the class and obtained the same accurate results that he was convinced there was something to it. He could really read people minds and describe places unknown to him. That was the only time he really paid more attention in class and in applying the techniques taught in the course.
Reluctant healer
“Actually,” Anthony told me, “even before the end of the three-day seminar with you, I already did some unintentional healing. The first patient was myself. I cured myself of my sinusitis using the self-healing through visualization technique that you taught us in the course. Following your instructions, I created an image for the ailment. The image that came out was a red Lamborghini sports car on top of a mountain with no roads. The car could go nowhere. It was stuck there. Then you asked us to think of a picture of a solution to the problem–a long road, from where the car was able to get down without any problem. After that exercise, my sinusitis was done and I could breath easily again. That was a neat trick, I told myself. Jimmy could not have made that up. So, slowly, I began to believe in your system.
“That weekend, my househelp, Jesus Baustista, whom we call “Boy,” saw blood when he moved his bowel. He had no other symptoms but that. He didn’t have any hemorrhoids, ho headaches, no pain, no infection–just blood in his stool. For no reason, he insisted on my healing him. He refused to be brought to the hospital so I had no choice. Reluctantly, I placed my hand on his stomach. To my surprise I felt something adhere to my palm when I removed my hand. I could not see it but I knew it was there. I tried to rub my palm against a table but it couldn’t remove that invisible something that came from Boy’s stomach. I tried to wash it with detergents, but still couldn’t remove it. Finally I tried to rub it with salt and that did it. What it was, I do not know. The next day, no more blood appeared in Boy’s stool.
“Then that Sunday I visited my grandmother. I did not know that she had slipped earlier and hurt her side when she fell. It was painful and created a hematoma. She asked me to heal her. I protested that I was no healer but she insisted so I placed my hand on the part that hurt. To our surprise, both the hematoma and the pain completely disappeared after a few minutes. I couldn’t believe what happened.
“Later that same day, I visited my cousin who was suffering from a goiter condition (hyperthyroidism). It was already big. Surprisingly he also asked me to heal him, although he didn’t know what had happened to our househelp and to my lola. Without hesitation I placed my palm on his throat for some five minutes or so. To our surprise, when I removed my hand, the goiter completely disappeared after several days.”
Still Anthony couldn’t accept the fact that he had become a healer. “I wanted more proof that these were not mere coincidences,” he said. Such proofs were not long to appear. In the coming weeks, his psychic abilities began to manifest in ways that could not be denied or ignored. Neither could they have been anticipated.

He is not your typical picture of a Filipino healer or traditional medicine man. He has a college degree (major in accounting from the University of the East). He is relatively young, (35 years old as of this writing). He is a successful businessman (with a laundry business in Makati and Parañaque) and is a building contractor. He has no background at all in the esoteric or traditional healing fields. He is fond of the night life and going out with his barkada. He is separated from his first wife by whom he has one son; he now lives with his second wife, Sonia, by whom he also has one child. He says he does not have any interest at all in psychic stuff and in healing. In fact, he didn’t believe in such things and has never read any book on the subject.
Nothing, therefore, could have prepared Anthony Vivero for a life of a healer. Yet he has become quite a successful one in so short a time.
“So how in heaven’s name did you ever become a healer?” I asked him recently.
“You are partly responsible for it,” he said with a smile.
“Me?” I asked. “How did I become part of it?”
“It all started this way,” Anthony began. “Last April 1998, my wife and I had a very serious quarrel. It was bad and the cause of it was so embarrassing that I decided to commit suicide. I locked myself inside the bathroom carrying a .38-cal. revolver. I loaded the gun with three bullets and then played Russian roulette with it. I pointed the gun to my temple and pulled the trigger. Nothing happened. So I pulled it again. Then again. Still nothing happened. I told myself, the next one should do it. So I pulled the trigger for the fourth time. Still it did not explode. I was getting confused but still pulled the trigger once again until I finally gave up–completely confused and bewildered. Why didn’t the gun fire? Only the day before I tried the same gun and it was okay.”
“He was in the bathroom for a full three to four hours,” according to Sonia who was outside all that time and crying. She said later that she seemed to have heard three gun shots but they were muffled and seemed to come from far away. So she paid no attention to it at that time.
“When Anthony finally emerged from the bathroom he was completely different,” continued Sonia. “He was very quiet and he was crying. He apologized to me and asked me to give him a second chance.”
Vanishing guns!
A week later Anthony’s four expensive and brand new guns, all kept in two locked drawers were gone, including all the bullets and the gun’s leather holsters. A thorough search inside the room proved futile. Anthony suspected everybody, including his wife. Sonia said she never got them but she admitted having thought of keeping his guns after his suicide attempt.
What puzzled both of them was the fact that only the guns were lost and not the jewelry and the substantial money that were also inside the drawers and which could easily be seen when the drawers are pulled open. All the drawers were locked and there was absolutely no sign of a forcible break-in. No one had entered the room because the door was still locked.
Since they could not find a rational explanation for the loss of the guns, Anthony wanted to know if there could be some supernatural explanation for it. Although he didn’t believe in spirits, he said he was willing to exhaust everything to get to the bottom of it. They consulted a fortune teller and psychic who told them a spirit got the guns. He couldn’t believe it. Nevertheless he consulted next an espiritista or medium. The medium confirmed what the fortune teller had told them: no human being did it. But how could that be?
The loss of the guns still bothered him one Sunday evening when he was driving home with Sonia beside him. They were listening to the radio when suddenly, the dial changed inexplicably on its own to station DZMM where I was having my program. It was already towards the end of Inner Mind on Radio and my former co-host, Frances Gloria, was announcing our forthcoming seminar. Anthony asked Sonia to jot down the contact telephone number and called up my secretary the next day. Cindy Cases answered the and Anthony said he only wanted to know if he could ask me a question about the spirits during the seminar. Cindy replied in the affirmative. “Can Mr. Licauco answer if a spirit got my guns?” he further asked. Cindy said yes. So Anthony Vivero enrolled. But not without asking for a sign. He said he would enroll if he would receive an extra amount enough to pay for the tuition of the seminar. By Friday, he received almost the exact amount. So he enrolled in the course although he was still quite skeptical about the whole thing.
Reading minds
At one point, I asked the class to do a series of exercises and Anthony found he could perform all of them with ease. So he doubted if he was really doing it or his partners were planted by me. For example, in the remote viewing exercise, he could describe in detail the house of his partner, Cathy Ochoco. He said that was understandable, as it could be a matter of coindence. But when he mentally and accurately read the name of Cathy’s mother on a certificate or diploma hanging on the wall of her house, he began to think twice. How could he have done that unless she was really planted? It was only after he tried the same exercise at home with other people who were not from the class and obtained the same accurate results that he was convinced there was something to it. He could really read people minds and describe places unknown to him. That was the only time he really paid more attention in class and in applying the techniques taught in the course.
Reluctant healer
“Actually,” Anthony told me, “even before the end of the three-day seminar with you, I already did some unintentional healing. The first patient was myself. I cured myself of my sinusitis using the self-healing through visualization technique that you taught us in the course. Following your instructions, I created an image for the ailment. The image that came out was a red Lamborghini sports car on top of a mountain with no roads. The car could go nowhere. It was stuck there. Then you asked us to think of a picture of a solution to the problem–a long road, from where the car was able to get down without any problem. After that exercise, my sinusitis was done and I could breath easily again. That was a neat trick, I told myself. Jimmy could not have made that up. So, slowly, I began to believe in your system.
“That weekend, my househelp, Jesus Baustista, whom we call “Boy,” saw blood when he moved his bowel. He had no other symptoms but that. He didn’t have any hemorrhoids, ho headaches, no pain, no infection–just blood in his stool. For no reason, he insisted on my healing him. He refused to be brought to the hospital so I had no choice. Reluctantly, I placed my hand on his stomach. To my surprise I felt something adhere to my palm when I removed my hand. I could not see it but I knew it was there. I tried to rub my palm against a table but it couldn’t remove that invisible something that came from Boy’s stomach. I tried to wash it with detergents, but still couldn’t remove it. Finally I tried to rub it with salt and that did it. What it was, I do not know. The next day, no more blood appeared in Boy’s stool.
“Then that Sunday I visited my grandmother. I did not know that she had slipped earlier and hurt her side when she fell. It was painful and created a hematoma. She asked me to heal her. I protested that I was no healer but she insisted so I placed my hand on the part that hurt. To our surprise, both the hematoma and the pain completely disappeared after a few minutes. I couldn’t believe what happened.
“Later that same day, I visited my cousin who was suffering from a goiter condition (hyperthyroidism). It was already big. Surprisingly he also asked me to heal him, although he didn’t know what had happened to our househelp and to my lola. Without hesitation I placed my palm on his throat for some five minutes or so. To our surprise, when I removed my hand, the goiter completely disappeared after several days.”
Still Anthony couldn’t accept the fact that he had become a healer. “I wanted more proof that these were not mere coincidences,” he said. Such proofs were not long to appear. In the coming weeks, his psychic abilities began to manifest in ways that could not be denied or ignored. Neither could they have been anticipated.
No comments:
Post a Comment