Sunday, September 07, 2008

Miracles of a Mother by Anthony Vivero



First published in Daily Tribune under Anthony Vivero's Vibes and Vision dated September 8, 2008.


Sept. 8 is known as the Feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of Jesus Christ. For Catholics and some Christians, this is one special day. Of course, the divinity of Mother Mary is debatable to non-believers, and I will neither argue nor defend my own belief, but rather tell my experiences with my Mother, that you yourself may have experienced with your own mothers or with the Mother of God.

As a child

I grew up without a mother and had lived in a compound where almost all my relatives (my father’s family) reside. I thought my Lola (grandmother) was my mother until I got to the age when I understood that she was the mother of my Papa. She was very protective and caring of me. I remember her always taking my side whenever there were kids’ troubles and misunderstandings, especially when adult relatives joined in to side with their own siblings against me. In situations such as these, I always got the ire of my cousins’ parents, but my Lola would always be by my side, protecting me from further verbal or possible physical abuse. My Lola being my protector was a plus factor to me, but I never bragged about being her pet nor used it to start fights, for even as a young child, I was sensible enough to know what was right and what was not; I always fought for my rights and for others as well.

One day after another altercation in the compound, I went to our nearby church, Our Lady of Sorrows Church. In my young mind, I asked the image of Mother Mary to help me diffuse tension among my relatives. And I told the Image that she would be my mother starting that day.

True enough, from that that day onwards, I felt that I had somebody with me in every endeavor I encountered, especially in several life threatening ones.

First encounter

It was early afternoon of that day when fire was gutting up the Pasay City market when I had my first encounter of succor from Mama Mary. I was with a classmate who lived near that market who was in need of assistance to get home. As little children, we never sensed the danger of going near the burning establishment. When the wind changed direction, we were suddenly engulfed by smoke that rendered us almost unconscious. Before collapsing from suffocation, I cried and prayed, “Nanay ko po (My Mother)!”

Suddenly, I saw a silver white being coming near us, who picked up both of us and ran towards a safe place. I thought I was hallucinating or seeing an apparition of some kind. Yet knowing that I had called my Mother, a distress call of a kind, I knew for certain that no mother would forsake her son.

Many downplayed this story when I narrated it to them at that time, and even made fun of it. Knowing the status I have now in the field that I am in, I am sure those unbelievers will take the story in its entirety as real and true if I tell them the story this time. It was the Mother of all Mothers who answered that call.

All prayers are answered

Many of my petitions and wishes in life have come true in very mysterious and magical ways. Almost always they came on significant days connected with the Virgin Mary. Perhaps they were coincidences, or maybe because I treat every special day of Mama Mary as special days, which could probably be the universal law of attraction at work. If we believe in a special day, that day will always give us something positive. If you believe in bad omens, like Friday the 13th, then negative and bad things may happen to you. Based on my studies and beliefs, believing on special days will not do harm, but instead create benefits for you. So why not attract these blessing into your life on the special days of Mama Mary?

First meeting with my biological mother

I was already in my early teens when I met my biological mother. It was before Christmas, a special day of Mama Mary, Dec. 8, the Immaculate Conception of Mary, when she was finally given permission to see us by my Papa and Lola. The emotions were mixed — joy and happiness, fear of what would happen next in our lives. Finally I got to know my biological mother.

I was in tears when I went to church after that first meeting, to thank my Mother for the answered prayer. After praying, I remember collapsing, but still conscious, I knew I was more secure in the mantle of protection from my chosen mother than from my own biological mother. Many asked me why I still remember these things, even the exact dates. I kept a diary of special events of my life from a very young age.

First day of apparition

When I was given the gift of healing more than 10 years ago, I was very frightened. I didn’t know what was happening to me. I questioned the event: “Is this true or am I just hallucinating?” A beautiful Lady’s apparition to me that night made me strong and confident that what was happening that moment would be beneficial to man especially for the sick. I was embraced by this beautiful divine apparition and it was the first embrace and assurance that I experienced from my Mother. I still feel the warmth of love up to this day! I do believe that She will not forsake me for I still hear Her assurance that She will always be by my side.

Encounters with my mother

During many times of need, She always answered my calls. Many times She showed her succor through a voice coming in my thoughts. There were times She came as a mysterious lady with a son then gave me assistance to fulfill a mission or a charitable project, like saving lives in many rescue and relief works in the past. Many times in saving lives in disasters, our own lives were placed in danger, but always, an old lady with a little boy in tow came to save us, rescued us, or gave us inspiration in moments when we are about to give up.

Her financial blessings

One time when I was writing an article for this newspaper five years ago, she gave me a message through my mind. I typed the message in my laptop and it was a message of financial and material blessings — something I needed very much to help more people. The message was clear; it was about a building that I was going to construct. She gave me instructions, with complete details and specifications of sizes and locations and how it would all come about. True enough, the building is now finished, all Her instructions followed to the last detail, and how it will come about came about.

How to connect with her

One must fully believe that She is the Mother of all — a Mother that will never forsake Her children. Many are supposed to be righteous and intelligent, but disregard a Mother’s role in life on earth. We cannot just take for granted a role of any being, big or small, to complete the whole story of an epic of this scale in our faith. For me and my personal belief, She is the Mother of Christ, the chosen Lady and it is Her birthday today.

Happy Birthday, Mama Mary!


No comments:

Post a Comment